Stickies Jumping to secondary screen

Reaction score
I purchased a 24" iMac with the M1 chip and transferred my stickies from an older 27" iMac. New machine is running Monterey and I have a second monitor which has my email and calendar open. I position the stickies on the iMac screen but when I quit stickies and reopen them they always "jump" to the second monitor, one on top of the other. Any idea what's going on and how to fix it?

Reaction score
I purchased a 24" iMac with the M1 chip and transferred my stickies from an older 27" iMac. New machine is running Monterey and I have a second monitor which has my email and calendar open. I position the stickies on the iMac screen but when I quit stickies and reopen them they always "jump" to the second monitor, one on top of the other. Any idea what's going on and how to fix it?
This will probably fix the problem. With Stickies.app running go to the dock and click and hold on the Stickies icon. Move the pointer to Options and select Desktop on Display # (1 or 2). The stickies should have jumped over to the other screen, in a bunch. Quit and relaunch to see if it worked before you spend the time rearranging the stickies. There are times when the setup can inexplicably change, sometimes with a display and “None” both checked. This is why I’m quite familiar with how it works.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I may not be sufficiently familiar with the various apps that come with mOS, but when I open Stickies from Applications and the icon enters the dock, the only options I find are Keep in Dock, Open at Login and Show in Finder. Am I missing something?

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I may not be sufficiently familiar with the various apps that come with mOS, but when I open Stickies from Applications and the icon enters the dock, the only options I find are Keep in Dock, Open at Login and Show in Finder. Am I missing something?
Not sure… Perhaps you should first choose Keep in Dock. I don’t think it has anything to do with the version of macOS or hardware. This is what I get, and as far as I know, it has always been this way for me.

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 05.06.54.png

Reaction score
I think I see a problem here. I don't have Stickies.app. Rather I believe I have a widget that came with a macOS some time in the past. My icon looks different from the one you show. But thank you for your effort. I may just have to live with "jumping" stickies.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 4.46.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 4.46.15 PM.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
I think I see a problem here. I don't have Stickies.app. Rather I believe I have a widget that came with a macOS some time in the past. My icon looks different from the one you show. But thank you for your effort. I may just have to live with "jumping" stickies.
There indeed is a widget with macOS, but a stickies.app is also an app that comes installed with macOS. See if you have it in your Applications folder, and if you do find it, give it a try.

Reaction score
Techy mark cant help you on this one

Reaction score
I was having the same exact thing happen to me (infuriating) after years of having my stickies a certain way. I just fixed it! Open them and let them pop into your second monitor and keep them there. Click on each one individually then go to the Window and then you will see an option for 'Move to' followed by monitor name or retina display etc. Move them to your desired monitor one-by-one then arrange them how you want, click on Window again and click Use as default. Now when you quit and re-open they will be where you want them. Phew.

Ask a Question