Jumping cursor

Reaction score
Okay, so I've got an issue with the cursor jumping all over my screen. I start a sentence, a word, in the middle of anything, it jumps to some random place. This happens in MS Word, on Facebook feeds, it does not seem to be limited to any one type of use. SO annoying. I use an external keypad and an external trackpad on my 13 inch MacBook Pro mid 2012 (just did it again there) 2.5GHz Intel Core i5 Memory 12 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB. Running Version 10.14.4 macOS Mojave

I've looked up this issue but the posts were from 12 years ago. Have also gone into Preferences and checked ignore built-in trackpad etc. Any ideas??? Would so much appreciate input.

Many many thanks!

Krystyna

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome,

I would try disconnecting the USB keyboard/trackpad, or deleting them from the Bluetooth Devices preference pane, depending on what type they are and see if the issue persists with just the built-in keyboard/trackpad.

Are you having any battery issues by chance? Sometimes a bulging/failing battery can put pressure on the bottom of the trackpad internally, which can cause issues with clicking and tracking.

C

Ask a Question