Problem with new account password

Reaction score
I just got a new mac mini yesterday and I am trying to set up new users.
The admin. account is set up ( and works fine ), but after I add a new account it will not let me log-in to them.
I have tried to set them up with a password, without a password ( and the log-in asks for one anyhow ), deleting the account and trying again, restarting the system after setting up new account, and allowing admin. access to all users ( which the apple tech suggested ).
Anyone have any ideas?

Reaction score
hi
first change the new user as a standard user, put the password to the admin account, put the password for all other account if you like, try to login with the password, if you can't use the system installer disk.. run it as startup and fron the menu select reset password.. from this option you can set a new password (even if you forget the old password) try to make the password as numbers so you will not conflict between caps and normal letters. Try and tell me what happen

Reaction score
Sorry for the late response.
Thank you for your help.
To fix the issue I turned on the computer ( with the first install / boot disk in the drive ) and held down the C button till a menu popped up ( asking me what language I can understand ).
After I choose the language, I went to one of the options ( on the upper left hand ) at the top of the screen ( I believe it was Utilities ) and reset my password.
Seems to work fine. Hope this helps anyone else that runs into this issue.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there rajerz and welcome,

glad you got it fixed !

regards

Ric

Ask a Question