Problems with accounts ?

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is a bit long-winded but any help would be appreciated !
I have an Imac G5 Isight running OSX version 10.4.11

I inherited the machine when my grandfather died in 2008, so most of the machine was set up to his specification.

I created my own profile and its been fine for 2 years until the other day when everything seems to have gone slightly wrong !!!

I turned it on and i seem to have all the factory settings, no background, no safari favorites, and worst of all, no music in itunes !!!

On the desktop if i click Macintosh HD - Users - My profile, then i can access all my files, my photos and my itunes with everything in it, only problem is how do i set all this as my default/active profile ? (without opening everything again!)

I have tried changing users and all the obvious options but im stumped.

Help Appreciated !

Reaction score
Hello,
If you're the only one using this Mac, you might want to consider backing up your files, erasing the hard drive, and reinstalling the operating system. This way, you'll free up some hard drive space, get a brand spanking new operating system, and you can set it up to your specifications.

Reaction score
cheers Walrus666, that has been suggested to me, but is there any way i can sort out the problem quickly before doing this ?

Reaction score
ok my mac is saying that i have only one account, and it is set to automatically open.

when i am in macintosh HD - Users, it is showing my profile but nothing is accessible to me unless i select the file/application through that route.

i just want all of that to be back on my screen like it used to !

Reaction score
If you're referring to the sidebar, click the button on the top right of the window.

Ask a Question