Problem using some internet applications

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently my MacBook Pro (mid 2012 with OS Catalina 10.15.3) began experiencing problems connecting to some internet applications. Safari can’t connect to any website - message received is ‘can’t establish a secure connection to the server’. This is for any web address. The App Store won’t load (‘ssl error occurred’). Evernote doesn’t sync because ssl error occurred and couldn’t connect with server. Photos isn’t syncing. iCloud isn’t syncing. However Dropbox does sync. Zoom works. And I can print through the internet connection to my printer.

So far I have added the Google public DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I’ve cleared browser history, cleared caches and checked time and date correct. No change.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

At first glance, it sounds like some form of Network settings issue.

-Do other devices on your network have the issue?
-Does the issue happen when using another web browser?
-Could a proxy have been enabled?
-Have you changed any other settings in the Network preference pane?
-Do you have any third-party utilities installed like MacKeeper, antivirus, network filters/monitors, etc.?
-Did the issue begin after installation of any new software, installing Apple software updates, or visiting a website?

C

Reaction score
Thanks Cory. After trying various things in discussion with someone on another forum, I’ve decided to try and find someone to fix it for me.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, hope that goes well.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

C

Ask a Question