SOLVED Problem accessing some pages online

Reaction score
I have been trying to access a VPN site (Proton), and one or two others sites but Safari won't let me. I have tried turning off all anti-malware and Ad blocker apps, rebooting and re-trying but still I get the same message as pre the Screenshot attached. OK, for some reason no Screenshot. But the message reads "Cannot secure a safe connection".

Reaction score
Screenshot 2019-11-19 at 12.13.56.jpg

Reaction score
Hi,

Not at home so on my 2010 MacBook running Safari 13.0.3 and as screen shot shows have no issues, so can't explain it.

Attachments

• hi.jpg
    hi.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 155
Reaction score
Resolved. Had to install TunnelBear for Mac onto a memory stick on my Dell laptop. Then install it onto my iMac, and then I was able to access the pages I needed to, in order to download the VPN I normally use! The problem seems to be Virgin ISP's "Parental Lock", and unlocking that is a seriously major task, given Virgin's appalling (lack of) customer help. At least I am now sorted, but what a kerfuffle!

Ask a Question