Please help!

Reaction score
I have just purchased a beautiful G4 quicksilver desktop Mac. I currently mainly use pcs, where I have broadband through a Belkin router. I haven't used Macs for a long time and way before OS X... I would like to connect to the Internet via my router but I don't seem to work out how... Sorry for being thick but I would really appreciate any clue or help please...

I only seem to find dial up connections within the G4 via it's internal modem...

Please please, any help will be greatly appraciate it!

Thanks a lot in advance for yorur time..;)

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

Hi and welcome Crissi,

You should be able to simply plug in an Ethernet cable from the router to the QuickSilver and by selecting Use DHCP in the Network preference pane it should get on just fine.

What version of the Mac OS are you running?

Reaction score
Hi Cory,
thank you so much for your reply, you were absolutely right and I did just that and it worked! It was actually Explorer which wasn't working so I thought I was doing something wrong, but then launched Firefox and voila', I was surfing...

Thanks again for your help, I have OS 10.3.9, just about to upgrade to Tiger.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

Excellent...glad to hear it. I would have recommended you stay away from IE anyway...Firefox or Safari are so much better and more secure.

Thanks for letting me know you're online,

C

Let us know if you have any issue when you upgrade to Tiger.

Ask a Question