Please help!!!

Reaction score
Hello, My macbook was recently bought (used). It has been operating fine EXCEPT... I have owned it about a month and for the last two weeks the battery would display an X, So i did the recomended (shut mac off unplug bat and charger, hold power for 10 sec, plug back in, start up, than put battery back) THIS WORKED! BUT It kept happening, I did it about 4 times until this last time I went to fix it. NOW!!!!>>

My real question>>> The charger stays only green. And the battery on the screen says (Not Charging) It also says replace now.... I am ready to replace it BUT I have been reading that I may have a logic board issue, and before I buy a battery I want to make sure Im not DOOMED from the start! ANY help would be insanely appreciated! Thank you guys!

~larry

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-04-25 at 1.31.12 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-04-25 at 1.31.12 PM.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 229
Reaction score
A new addition to the problem, If anyone is out there..

The battery is charged now and kind of working I believe.. All I would like to know is if this is a software issue, battery issue, charger issue. or god forbid a logic board issue.
THANKS

Ask a Question