Please help us firefighters with MAC OS / Safari / Internet setup!

Reaction score
Hi I'm a firefighter who was helping my fellow firefighter with his internet on Safari with his iBook G4 because his amazon.com wasn't loading correctly (it would load like 80% and freeze, and when you typed another URL in the amazon page would load up briefly complete but switch to the new URL). I looked online for help and one thread suggested I reset his settings in Safari which I did, and now I can't connect to the internet in either Airport (wireless) or via ethernet cable. I'm able to have both connections say that it is indeed connected to our fire station network (green light status ok circle) but it won't connect to Safari, IE, or his Mail beyond that. I thought maybe his Norton w/ Parental settings was holding it up but I turned it off and on and tried both times and that didn't work. I'm boggled because it says not only do I have a connection via ethernet/LAN , but also wireless with the Airport signal strength configurator.

Can it be a glitch with the system software? He also updated lots of software i.e. iTunes, MS Office, etc today but it was working fine after that. Or all websites were loading correctly except for amazon.com. Damn amazon.com made a chump out of me!

The problem started after I clicked ok on "reset all settings" in Safari. I want to do a "system restore" like on PC's but I'm not even sure Mac's have that option? :eek:

By the way we are using an unsecured wireless network that is about as basic as you can get. No passwords or network key or anything and everyone else's laptops are churning away happily

Please help me as I don't like looking like a chump. :mad:

Thank you SO MUCH in advance! :D

danny

(e-mail address removed)

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there Danny and welcome !

have you had any luck yet or are you still in need of help !

regards

Ric

Ask a Question