Photos-view

Reaction score
I can't access "split-screen" or show the toolbar. They're both grayed-out. I've tried a SMC-reset; no change.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Not sure what your issue is...can you explain further?

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X?
-Do you mean the menu bar or the Dock and not toolbar?

C

Reaction score
I can't access "split-screen" or show the toolbar. They're both grayed-out. I've tried a SMC-reset; no change.
Hello and welcome.

Not sure what your issue is...can you explain further?

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X?
-Do you mean the menu bar or the Dock and not toolbar?

C
It's an iMac, early 2008 running El Capitan. In Photos, in the VIEW column, I can't access the "split view" mode and I can't find the toolbar (in full screen) to do that.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Do you have System Preferences... > Mission Control > Displays have separate Spaces checked/enabled? If not, check it, logout, login and see if Show Split View works. In full screen, try pressing Option-S to toggle Split View.

Also, if you are using Photos 2.0, I believe Apple replaced Split View with a Thumbnail pane.

C

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do you have System Preferences... > Mission Control > Displays have separate Spaces checked/enabled? If not, check it, logout, login and see if Show Split View works. In full screen, try pressing Option-S to toggle Split View.

Also, if you are using Photos 2.0, I believe Apple replaced Split View with a Thumbnail pane.

C
I've tried your suggestions, but still the same problem.? I'm using Photos 1.5.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...strange indeed.

-In Full Screen mode, you can move your cursor to the top of the window and the menu bar will appear. That should let you select View > Always Show Toolbar in Full Screen.
-To enable Split View, you have to have a photo "open." It will be grayed out if you are in Moments/Album mode.

Does that help?

C

Ask a Question