Personal Hotspot is Not Discoverable With iOS 17.5 Beta

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this? My Mac devices cannot connect to my iPhone Personal Hotspot. This is not an issue with another iPhone that is not part of the Beta program.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 4.19.11 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 4.19.11 PM.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this? My Mac devices cannot connect to my iPhone Personal Hotspot. This is not an issue with another iPhone that is not part of the Beta program.
You may want to go through the setup procedure again. Disable and then set it up from scratch.

I too am running iOS 17.5 (developer beta) and personal hotspot is visible on my Mac 14.4.1, and external volume 14.5, and iPad mini iPadOS 7.5. I’ve had personal hotspot running on my iPhone for years and never had to reset or restart it since.

Reaction score
As stated on other threads beta OS/iOS versions are designed to use consumers as test subjects. There will be issues with some devices even with the public beta releases because they are new and manufacturers cannot test every possible variation of use.
Apple's suggestion is, try it and if it doesn't work let us know.
Ideally, as per Apple's suggestions, you should not run even a public beta os on your Primary device. I always used a Partition, External HD or second iPhone/iPad for this purpose.
If you use your primary device you run the risk of loss of function or in the worst case scenario loss of private data. Even with an opt out option and a full backup you will certainly experience a lot of inconvenience.

Reaction score
As stated on other threads beta OS/iOS versions are designed to use consumers as test subjects. There will be issues with some devices even with the public beta releases because they are new and manufacturers cannot test every possible variation of use.
Apple's suggestion is, try it and if it doesn't work let us know.
Ideally, as per Apple's suggestions, you should not run even a public beta os on your Primary device. I always used a Partition, External HD or second iPhone/iPad for this purpose.
If you use your primary device you run the risk of loss of function or in the worst case scenario loss of private data. Even with an opt out option and a full backup you will certainly experience a lot of inconvenience.
It’s precisely why I mentioned running macOS 14.5 from an attached NVMe drive. It’s a virtual clone of my 14.4.1 system, then updated to 14.5, and I test it everyday, usually more than once. I used to test the latest beta on a bare-bones system, but that could not test all of the apps, add-ons, etc., running on my main drive. Yes, that’s a lot of data to migrate and thankfully, my NVMe drive has twice the capacity of my internal Apple SSD (two terabytes) so disk space is never an issue.

Ask a Question