Password reset- admin

Reaction score
I can not for the life of me remember my password to my macbook, I want to uninstall from my laptop and cant, attach a printer and cant.......

I restarted with the install disc, while holding c and then all I can get to is where they ask me for the password again, which isn't much help considering thats why I'm rebooting with the disk to begin with......... also some how my utilities folder was dragged onto the desktop so is that why I can't succesfully reboot with this disk?

I'm lost, I need to get a new password and i'm extremely flustered at this point. I'm not very tech savy, so would apreciate any help possible. thanks

Walt

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome,

-What exact model is your MacBook?
-How did you see that the Utilities folder was on the Desktop if you can't login to the MacBook?

You are seeing the password prompt when trying to boot from the install CD because it is a firmware (hardware) password on the machine.

C

Ask a Question