Password program

Reaction score
I am about to switch over to a new Mac Mini from my old one.

On my old Mac Mini I installed a a Password Storage program. It is causing me some problems and I do not want to migrate it to the new Mac Mini.

I cannot remember the name of the program and have searched my applications etc without any luck finding it in order to Delete it from the old MAchine.

I pulled up a list of these programs and the only one that I had heard of was Dashlane but couldn't find any evidence of this using Spotlight.

Does anyone have any ideas of any method to root out this menace.

Thanks in advance ... Peter Russell

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

There are a couple of places to look:
  • Applications folder
  • Applications > Utilities folder
  •  > System Preferences... > Users & Groups > your user > Login Items
  • Using the Activity Monitor application, review the processes and see if any look familiar
Here is a list of the more popular password management applications: Best Password Manager Apps for Mac in 2022

C

Reaction score
Hello,

There are a couple of places to look:
  • Applications folder
  • Applications > Utilities folder
  •  > System Preferences... > Users & Groups > your user > Login Items
  • Using the Activity Monitor application, review the processes and see if any look familiar
Here is a list of the more popular password management applications: Best Password Manager Apps for Mac in 2022

C
Corey ... thanks for your time in replying to this enquiry.
I have searched the Utilities and Applications folder to no avail.
I'm baffled by 'Activity Monitor' as when I try to study it, the continual changing of the listings is thwarting. Is there a way of freezing whats happening?
Thanks again ! Peter

Reaction score
Corey ... thanks for your time in replying to this enquiry.
I have searched the Utilities and Applications folder to no avail.
I'm baffled by 'Activity Monitor' as when I try to study it, the continual changing of the listings is thwarting. Is there a way of freezing whats happening?
Thanks again ! Peter
If I may, in Activity Monitor click on the Process Name tab and it will display a static list of the names alphabetically. Click again to switch between ascending or descending. When you are done with Activity Monitor, make sure you quit it, not just close the window. By itself, it uses up a great deal of CPU load and unlike apps like Disk Utility, it does not quit upon closing the main window.

If and when you do locate the app you are looking for, you can quit its process while in Activity Monitor. Just select the item and on the toolbar, click on the icon, a circle with an X in the center. If you want to purge it from your system, don’t just trash the app itself. You need to use an app like AppCleaner in order to locate and delete all other files connected to it (e.g. preferences, settings, etc.).

Last edited:

Ask a Question