SOLVED No focus in password field; Monterey

Reaction score
New Monterey upgrade on my 2020 Mini. I upgraded from Big Sur and am at the latest Monterey version. When I power the system on and click on my user to show the password field, it is not possible to type in this field, until I reboot, even after a fresh power on. My set up is not typical, in that I run 2 keyboards: one wired mechanical for gaming, and one Mac wireless keyboard for doing anything other than gaming.

I have not yet tested the fact I have 2 keyboards could be the issue. I need to disconnect the wired one and see if the behavior changes. Also, I am used to turning a computer off after using it, if I am done for the day. I know Macs "sleep" and is it OK to just eave it on 24x7? I was trying to maximize lifespan of the system but maybe I am doing that wrong and should leave it on. Thoughts?

Reaction score
Odd - I couldn't edit the original post. No worries. This doesn't happen 100% of the time so it is not consistent. Curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Reaction score
Solved itself I guess - left powered on a couple days, powered up a couple days and hasn’t done it. All good.

Ask a Question