IPod tunes password protected under old password

Reaction score
I uploaded tunes from my old iPod to my Mac OK. However, when I go to play the tunes it asks for my old Comcast password (I'm now on ATT) which I no longer have. Anyway round this?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It is actually asking you for your old Apple ID password, not your Comcast account password. You probably used your old Comcast email address as your Apple ID.

You can try resetting the Apple ID password here: iForgot

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It is actually asking you for your old Apple ID password, not your Comcast account password. You probably used your old Comcast email address as your Apple ID.

C
Hi Cory, thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try. It won't mess up my current Apple ID and password will it?

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

C
I tried but it wants to send the new password to either my old Comcast email account or my old ATT email account, both of which no longer exist. I might just have to delete the tunes and reload them from the original CDs, which luckily I still have.

Ask a Question