OS X 10.5.8 Can't See Ethernet Router

Reaction score
I have a paid internet connection through an ethernet cable (the big blue one) that connects to a box, which connects to my phone line. The box works properly (I even got a second one just in case the first was defective), and can tell when I have plugged it into my computer. My computer, however, has utterly no idea that it is connected to the router. It knows there is an ethernet cable in, but it can't tell that it is connected to anything, so it gives it a self-assigned IP address and won't connect to the internet.

The box is from NeoServices, a French company (I am based out of Paris right now, using a very feeble wifi I happen to pick up). I doubt any specifics on the box are needed, but here is what I have:

Model: Q365-R1

I have tried creating new Networks and all of that with Assistant, and of course I have run through Network Diagnositcs multiple times. I have restarted the box, restarted my computer both with and without the cable in, multiple times.

My computer is a MacBookPro, whatever was before Snow Leopard, OS X 10.5.8

Please let me know if there is any other information I can give that would be helpful in solving this!

Please help? Thanks!

Ask a Question