Os 10.6.7 Page keeps reverting

Reaction score
This iMac is about 6 months old. It has 2 very annoying traits, when reading a page it will revert to the previous page and it also keeps scrolling to the top of any page particularly when typing messages such as this. Neither fault happens with MacBook or iPad so I assume it is not the router or airport. I know I should return it to a store but lugging a 27" is no a good thing fopr an old guy like me. Apple care had no previous experience with this problem.

Reaction score
In Safari on the Menu Bar goto Safari and scroll down to Reset Safari. It will give you a window with a bunch of check boxes. Then click on reset. See if that solves you problem.

Reaction score
Are you talking about Safari? is this only on the Web or in other Apps to?

Reaction score
This is for Safari only. Are you having this problem at the Finder or just in Safari?

Reaction score
No, this is happening in Chrome and Firefox also. I seem to think it has something to do with stability. Never seen a problem like this before

Reaction score
But it only happen in the Web Browsers, not other App like Mail, Pages, Numbers?
Do you have any other Devices plugged into the iMac, Tablets, HardDrives?

Does Tapping the Spacebar do the same thing?

Reaction score
It would happen when replying to a forum such as this, yahoo mail, webcam websites (ok, I shouldn't go there) but it soooo annoying to have to log in again and again. It actually scrolled to the top of this page twice whilst typing this note> gggrrrrrrrrr now 3 times.
Elgato Eye TV Hybrid is the only thing plugged in and is not running at the mo.

Reaction score
calm down, deep breaths.

So it sounds like your web pages are refreshing.

Are you using WiFi (AirPort) or Ethernet?
If you are using WiFi could you plug in an ethernet cable?
If you are using Ethernet could you unplug and change to WiFi?

Reaction score
Can't get it to ethernet, it's a 27", using wifi. Will dis-c elgato. This problem doesn't occur using the Macbook through the wifi. Nothing connected to the iMac now.

Reaction score
Can't get it to ethernet
That makes it difficult to test. We'll try something else.

This problem doesn't occur using the Macbook through the wifi
Yes, you're confident that the problem isn't with the BaseStation. Is it an Apple BaseStation or 3rd Party?

In the top righthand corner of the Screen should be the AirPort menu, this should have 4 dark black radiating lines. If it doesn't let us know!
If it does, From that Menu Turn AirPort OFF, leave it for 30 sec, then Turn AirPort ON.

Reaction score
Oh, I've tested the airport, it's not that, but hey!!!! since disconnecting the Elgato things have calmed down. Still in the same webcam room, no scrolling....perhaps you have cured it? Will let you know soon. Thanks

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
It has 2 very annoying traits, when reading a page it will revert to the previous page and it also keeps scrolling to the top of any page particularly when typing messages such as this.

Have you ran Software Update so you have the latest versions of Apple's Sarari?

You know, this isn't a fix for you but I experience something similar your issue .... but it only happens randomly with no other symptoms .... when I am scrolling down my facebook page, reading all the comments, all of a sudden the page will spin out of control and I'm taken towards the bottom of what is usually a very long page ... and I have to try and find where I was before this happened. It happens when I hold my mouse cursor over the blue scroll bar ...

Reaction score
Yes, all the software is up to date. The iMac seems to have improved somewhat since I unplugged all the other software which was Elgato and a usb extension and I have typed this message in one go without scrolling or reverting. Phew!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Yes, all the software is up to date. The iMac seems to have improved somewhat since I unplugged all the other software which was Elgato and a usb extension and I have typed this message in one go without scrolling or reverting. Phew!

Well that's odd, but in a good way :) Hope things continue to improve !!

Ask a Question