OS 10.2 on an old imac

Reaction score
Hi!

I have a blue and grey imac previously running 9.0.4

I have upgraded to OS 10.2 which was fine and everything was great but then it ran all the software updates. It now has 10.2.8 but something has gone wrong with the screen. It looks blurred and like it is being dragged off to the right. It was fine on installing the original 10.2 off the discs and it is definately since doing the software updates.

It's not an option to run the installation again deleting everything off the harddrive which is all I can think of. Is there a way to revert back to the original 10.2 install or is there another software update not listed by apple that will sort the screen out?

I know this is a lot to ask but really am stumped.

Thank you very much!

James

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a bad resolution display. Try to change it by going to system preferences/display/ and changing to the correct xxxx/xxxx of your monitor.

Reaction score
Hi Danster
Thanks for te reply. I have been through all the display settings and nothing seems to make a difference. I saw a similar thing happen to my friend who has the same model imac when he did an upgrade to one 9.2 but it was cured by upgrading to 10.4. As someone who has learnt on PCs it seems like if it was a PC it would be the display driver. Is there a similar concept on macs and if so, does anyone know how to change the current driver for the display and does anyone know which driver to use?

Thanks!

James

Reaction score
tried degausing yet ?
it sounds mor elike 2.8 either doesnt like your card or knocked the driver off try downloading a ati driver from ati
if everything else fails reinstall the mac and sodd 2.8
dont need it anyway

Ask a Question