OS 10.11.6 not appearing on Choose Start-Up Disk

Reaction score
I have OS 10.6.8 on one hard drive, OS 10.11.6 on another. When I am using 10.6.8 and want to restart on 10.11.6, I go to Choose Start-up Disk, but 10.11.6 does not show up. I can load my Mountain Lion disk and proceed like I'm re-installing it. When it gets to where it should start installing, it says "This disk is locked". I then quit the installer, and it brings up the 'Choose Start-Up Disk" window, with 10.11.6 available. It will start up on it and everything seems normal until the next time I am on 10.6.8 and want to switch to 10.11.6. Anyone know what my problem might be?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
I believe it may be that Snow Leopard cannot "see" the Sierra startup disk. Have you tried restarting and holding down the Option key until the Startup Manager window shows. You may be able to choose El Capitan that way.

Let us know if that works.

C

Reaction score
I had the same issue a month or two back, and um, probably posted some outraged thread about it.

Ask a Question