Max Mail disappearing

Reaction score
I use Mail all the time, at the moment V. 11.5. I have 2 email addresses, 1 works fine but the other (Imap), the messages disappear after a short while. They are not in any of the boxes, Junk, Trash etc. I have checked the settings & they are set to "Erase deleted messages after 1 month", but I don't delete them. They just disappear.

Reaction score
Imac 21.5", 2010, OS 10.13.6. Forgot to add, Apple recomends "Rebuild Mailbox". Have tried this with no success.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-What are the email providers for the two accounts?
-You are running macOS 10.13.x High Sierra, correct?
-Can you access the mail account via a web interface, if the provider has one (to verify the password is correct)?
-Have you checked the account's settings on all of your devices, including the provider's web interface? Sometimes the webmail settings will override your email client's settings.

C

Reaction score
Have you checked all the mail boxes? Are you sure no filter affects your emails? Check out the Rules section in your Apple Mail.

Reaction score
I have discovered whats happening: a friend of mine is getting my mail on her phone and is deleting them.They stay in my Inbox until she delets them on her phone. I don't know how this came about. She uses Gmail and I had a Gmail account. We live in the same house. I have deleted my Gmail account but she's still getting my Mail.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
I believe you have had email forwarding settings. Cause only that could lead to your email receiving, at her side. For that, you have to open your Gmail account>Settings>Forwarding and POP/IMAP> Disable forwarding.

Reaction score
I believe you have had email forwarding settings. Cause only that could lead to your email receiving, at her side. For that, you have to open your Gmail account>Settings>Forwarding and POP/IMAP> Disable forwarding.

I have deleted my gmail account 1 week ago and she is still getting them. They are forwarded from (e-mail address removed) which is in Mail on my Mac.

Ask a Question