How to maximize windows

Reaction score
Kindly consider in your response that I am completely new to Macs.

I want to maximize a window. Unfortunately the green button in the upper left corner doesn't do the trick. It only switches between two sizes, both of which are not maximal. Also double clicking the top bar of the window doesn't do anything. Neither does dragging the window in one of the screen corners.

I have a Mac OS X 10.6.8

If you feel like it, you could also help me with another issue: I like to one-finger-tap and drag windows. Unfortunately, my Mac assumes I have the agility of an 80 year old and keeps the tap-drag 'locked' for about one second. This means that even when I stopped dragging the window to where I want it (stopping being signalised by lifting my finger) the window gets dragged again once I try to move the mouse pointer somewhere else, unless I wait for one second. You might say that one second is no much time, but what is more important than time is the annoyance that this causes... Also note that this is not the behavior that is controlled by the "Lock Drag" option, which locks the drag until the next mouseclick. I have this option deactivated.

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

In Snow Leopard, the lower right-hand corner of the window can be dragged to resize it. You should see three diagonal lines indicated that it can be resized. What kind of window are you trying to resize?

Click and drag question:
-Which model Mac?
-Which pointing device - Apple Mouse, third-party mouse, etc.?

C

Ask a Question