Max memory in MacBook Pro 15 Late 2011 ??

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Your figures are correct - 8 GB officially from Apple, 16 GB unofficially. You can trust Crucial's recommendation.

But, RAM may or may not help in this situation, as there could be another cause for the slowness - i.e. antivirus apps running, third-parrty utilities such as MacKeeper or CleanMyMac, incompatible extensions, low free disk space, etc.

C

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick answer Cory. I was just pondering exactly that over a cup of tea. I do at least have MacKeeper, dont know how it got there and have struggled to remove it.

Reaction score
Tks Cory, that doesnt work for me though. If i drag it to the trash it just bounces back.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
If it is running, you have to quit it first. If it has never been opened, launch it, then quit it from the menu bar, then drag it to the trash.

If that still doesn't work, we can provide you with several steps for a manual uninstall.

C

Reaction score
Thanks Cory, I persevered with your help and its gone at last. Memory upgrade in and things seem better.

While I'm on the case, how would I see what apps are being started on startup and stop them if I wish (eg Zip Cloud, AllMyMusicAgent)

thanks again

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Good, glad that is done. It should help a lot.

As far as the apps that automatically launch at startup:

1.  > System Preferences... > Users & Groups > click on your user (click and unlock the padlock) > Login Items
2. Click on items you don't want to launch at startup/login and hit the - (minus) button

If you are unsure of what they are, give us a list and we'll decipher then as best we can. Things like ZipCloud can also cause sluggishness, as they are constantly syncing over the Internet.

C

Reaction score
Cory, really appreciate the help.

looked in Login items but Zipcloud is not there, must be hidden somewhere maybe?. Only one I dont know whether I need or not is Adobe resource syncronizer.

tks again

Ask a Question