nuisance junk mail

Reaction score
Hi All, I wonder if anyone can help. Since stupidly ordering some slimming pills last summer following a link from weight watchers (it was a scam don't do it) I have been receiving 100's of emails a day from various sites. If I click on any I often have a Youtube advert come up. There is no option to unsubscribe. If i don't erase junkman every day I literally end up with 1000's e.g. just emptied my junk mail, dealt with my other emails and 10 minutes latter had 500+ in my junk mail. It's almost as if emptying the box initiates another blizzard, how can I stop them?

Reaction score
Hello Denise,
Unfortunately I just like yourself have had to deal with multiple emails from dodgy sites and really unable to stop some of them. Generally speaking most companies that you sign up with will give you the option to receive newsletters and you also have the option to unsubscribe. However there are some companies that just do NOT give you the option to unsubscribe. Having learnt that lesson, I now manage my email with separate email addresses. I have my main address which is for important things like bills and correspondence with family. I have another just for my banking and finally create a last email address for newsletters. That way you can better manage your incoming emails. Here in Australia my ISP allows me to have up to an additional 10 email addresses. Hope it's the same where you are.

Dealing with actual spam is another issue, you have the option in Mail app to block certain domains, you also can adjust your junk mail filtering in Mail app preferences. lastly you can look for for anti-spam application which will monitor your activity and based on your selection of spam emails, will remember them and automatically delete them when the arrive in your inbox.

Here is a link on how to get started on your mail app to manage junk mail
https://ehelp.wiki.csupomona.edu/Manage_Spam:_Mac_Mail

Here is another link to various anti-spam apps for Macs
http://email.about.com/od/macspamfightingtools/tp/Top-Mac-Spam-Filters.htm

Hope this information was helpful
Dud3m@n

Ask a Question