Mark as junk

Reaction score
Ever since installing Sierra I no longer have an option to 'mark as junk' on my mail. Currently running 10.12.1 but have to sift through my junk folder to rescue mail that is not junk. Any ideas appreciated -)

Cheers Steve

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Make sure Mail > Preferences... > Junk Mail > Enable junk mail filtering is enabled - this will also add the junk mail button to the toolbar.
-If you don;t see the junk mail button: View > Customize Toolbar in the menu bar and drag the junk mail button or whole default toolbar to the toolbar area of the window and click Done.
-You can also Control-click/right-click on a message and select Mark > As Junk Mail from the contextual menu that appears.

Let us know if that doesn't work,

C

Reaction score
Hello,

-Make sure Mail > Preferences... > Junk Mail > Enable junk mail filtering is enabled - this will also add the junk mail button to the toolbar.
-If you don;t see the junk mail button: View > Customize Toolbar in the menu bar and drag the junk mail button or whole default toolbar to the toolbar area of the window and click Done.
-You can also Control-click/right-click on a message and select Mark > As Junk Mail from the contextual menu that appears.

Let us know if that doesn't work,

C
Thanks Cory but the option to mark as junk is missing, see screen grab attached. The junk filtering option is also checked.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-04 at 14.00.40.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-04 at 14.00.40.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 347

Ask a Question