Difficulty with junk-mail filter.

Reaction score
No, not the usual one. I've recently been getting huge amounts of mail going straight to junk, even including many I want to read. I've tried to switch off the filter, I've tried altering parameters - all as suggested in 'help,' but nothing seemed to work, and I'd get up to 100 messages a day going straight to junk. I can't see what I am missing, but I seem unable to turn off the junk mail filter successfully. Has anyone else had this problem and can anyone suggest anything else I can try? TIA.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X?
-How many email accounts are setup in Mail?
-Who are the email providers - i.e. Gmail, Hotmail, etc.?

We'll see if we can figure it out.

C

Reaction score
Hello, I'm using a MacBook Pro, 13"., OS Sierra 10.12.6. There are 10 email addresses set up, but only one has been getting mail moved to junk - it's the one I use most. I seem to have temporarily solved the problem by switching off notifications from Facebook, but the fact is that all the 'help' suggestions I tried didn't work. And that is the problem. I should be able to adjust settings from the Mac, rather than from Facebook.

Reaction score
FWIW, it looks like the process for junk mail occurs before Rules can do its stuff, so I can't do anything locally. In that case my solution has been keeping Blocked Senders (black) and Acceptable Senders (white) lists at the server. It's not as versatile as Rules, but it's all I've got.

Frankly, I think the junk mail processor does a helluva good job.

Ask a Question