Automator File Action Difficulty

Reaction score
I am using Automator version 2.3

I have hundreds of PNG screen shots from a computer game that is in a Mac Beta, because of this, screenshots are only saved to the desktop. Because of the mass amounts of pictures I was getting, I used Automator to find these files, and rename them and put them in order of the date they were created.

My Workflow:
-Get Specified Finder Items

-Copy Finder Items

-Make Sequential

-Add Date or Time

This worked perfectly.

But now I have a new batch of files that I need sorted into the mix. This is an ongoing process because I refuse to have hundreds of images flooding my desktop.

But when I add my new files into the "Get Specified Finder Items" and add the previously sorted images, no matter where I copy the files to, there is always one picture that stops the workflow during the "Copy Finder Items".

I'm stumped on why this is happening.

My only concern is that I have 2 hard drives. I work on a 27" iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 with a 250GB SolidState drive and a 1TB HD drive. The screen shots are saved to my desktop which is located on the Solid State, and my other screen shots are located on my HD drive. I copied the screen shots over to the HD drive, thinking that was the problem, but it didn't seem to work.

What could cause these errors?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-03 at 4.50.36 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-12-03 at 4.50.36 PM.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 355
Reaction score
probably because a file with that name already exists, it starts the number sequence each time.

I would make the Folder then
defaults write com.apple.screencapture location /Users/<Your User>/Pictures/snap/

note the last slash

Ask a Question