Notification Center Question

Reaction score
Okay, first a little background...

I have a situation involving several iCloud-shared calendars between 4-5 people (all Mountain Lion 10.8.2), and for one reason or another the ability to receive a notification center popup when a calendar event is added or changed by someone else is of extreme importance to one particular person in the group.

Now 2 questions-
1: Is this normal, expected behavior? That is, should an alert be seen every time something is added or changed in a shared Calendar, regardless of the date?
2: If it is, then what would cause it to migrate over without the notice? Is this a bug? And if it isn't, then how can I make it so?

I hope that's at least somewhat clear. I've been going crazy trying to sort this out, or at least see some kind of pattern, but it seems totally inconsistent! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
when a calendar event is added or changed by someone else
not sure in Mountain Lion, but in Lion you only get notified when an event notification is set to send, normally before the event.

Not when it was edited/added.

Reaction score
not sure in Mountain Lion, but in Lion you only get notified when an event notification is set to send, normally before the event.

Not when it was edited/added.

That's what I thought as well, but apparently notifications also pop up when something is added or edited in a shared calendar. I was almost totally positive that the "problem" was simply a misunderstanding about how the notifications work, but events added, say, a month in advance will reliably produce a popup message on some of the linked computers.

Very strange. Any ideas?

Ask a Question