Can't delete notifications in Mail program

Reaction score
I use gmail on my iMac and I want to delete the ring notification when I receive mail. I've tried eery suggestion like going into System Preferences and deleting all the banners and also the alert sound, but it's still there. It's annoying, mostly because I often record operas on line, I don't want to have those silly beeps there.. Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
I use gmail on my iMac and I want to delete the ring notification when I receive mail. I've tried eery suggestion like going into System Preferences and deleting all the banners and also the alert sound, but it's still there. It's annoying, mostly because I often record operas on line, I don't want to have those silly beeps there.. Thanks for any help.

You might want to try this:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1075549?hl=en&ref_topic=3394219

That is, you can change some settings in gmail.

Reaction score
Hi,
Just follow these steps:
  • Login to you Gmail account
  • Click on gear icon and select “Settings”
  • On Settings page you will find “Desktop Notification” option, under Desktop Notification you will find option “Mail notification off” to turn on notification for email
  • After this click on “Allow” button present on right top most corner of your screen and save the changes

Ask a Question