Notes does not sync google account

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I recently replaced my iPhone by an Android Phone. Now I've got the problem of not being able to sync my notes between MacAir and Google Account. All other aspects sync seamlessly (contacts, calendar, email) but notes just won't work. I disconnected and reconnected the notes option for sync. I even erased the whole google account and reinstalled it, still the same. Everything except notes is syncing within seconds. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this? Or, if not, which app would you recommend as an alternative? (Google Notes isnt the right fit for me because i can only access it on my mac via browser. Instead I'd need an app wich is easily accessable throught the tool bar)

Thanks in advance!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I don't have a lot of experience with Android phones. I do have Google accounts setup on my Macs and iOS devices, and I have seen the same issue where notes don't sync like they do when using an iCloud account.

There may be a possible solution, which is detailed in this link, where the notes will sync from the Mac Notes app and the Gmail app on an Android phone in the Gmail > Notes section: How To Sync Mac Notes With Android Phone

Sorry I don't have a better suggestion,

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I don't have a lot of experience with Android phones. I do have Google accounts setup on my Macs and iOS devices, and I have seen the same issue where notes don't sync like they do when using an iCloud account.

There may be a possible solution, which is detailed in this link, where the notes will sync from the Mac Notes app and the Gmail app on an Android phone in the Gmail > Notes section: How To Sync Mac Notes With Android Phone

Sorry I don't have a better suggestion,

C
thanks for trying but, correct me if I'm wrong, this is just a simple instruction on how to add a google account to your iOS device, right? As described above, I am using the sync mechanism already and I de- and reinstalled/unadded and readded the google account. Unfortunately a more specific problem seems to be at play here.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

No worries.

No, it shows how to add a Google account to your Mac, then where to access the Google notes in the Gmail app on an Android phone. It also states that the sync is one way. Notes created on your Android phone in the Gmail app won't sync back to the Mac.

Honestly, it is all pretty new to me, since I haven't owned an Android device, and all of my computers and mobile devices are Apple products.

Sorry,

C

Reaction score
Hey,

yes, these are all steps I've already taken before. Maybe someone who knows more on the topic has a more specific solution ;)

Cheers

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Yes, hopefully someone that has more experience will chime in and share their experience. It doesn't look like there is an easy way, due to the limitations I have seen, but I hope that I am wrong. ;)

Be well,

C

Ask a Question