Default text color in Notes

Reaction score
I use Notes as a to-do list that I can access both on my Mac and my iPhone.

The text in Notes is, by default, gray. I don't like how that looks on the Mac, and always change it to black. (On the phone screen, I can't tell the difference in color.)

Till now, that has make black the default color for any new text I entered via my phone. But I got a new phone over the weekend (replaced one 6S with another one, because headphone jack - and really, I don't need anything more than that, so why spend so much money?) and now, even after I've changed all the text in a file to black, additions via my new phone appear in gray on my Mac.

On my old phone I had been resisting iOS updates for years, but with a new phone, of course now I'm on 12.4.1. Perhaps this is a problem introduced with the OS upgrade? Any fix for it?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I am not aware of any way to change the font defaults in the Notes app. However, you can change it in existing notes. Not sure if that will sync acorss to you iPhone and vice-versa.

Will let you know if I find anything additional.

C

Reaction score
Is there any way to change the color in the iPhone app? I've only been able to find a color control on the Mac side.

Ask a Question