Can’t do a “Search” in Notes any more?

Reaction score
For some reason, I’ve lost the ability to do a Search in Notes, which is not good because I’ve got more than 400 notes. When I type in a word to search, it brings up nothing, when I know the word is the title of at least one note. Could this be a bug caused by an update or some such thing? Please if anyone can help.....

Reaction score
Need the following information:

1. What exact Mac model do you have?

2. What exact Mac OS are you using? And if it is a recent upgrade (like High Sierra), how exactly did you upgrade?

3. Have you ever done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, from a software perspective? You actually can do a good amount of disk cleanup on your own, and there are some excellent programs available (both free and commercial) that can assist you in those efforts. Along with that, how much free space is on your internal drive?

4. This is critical: are you making backups to an external device? If so, what software are you using for this?

5. What third party (ie, non-Apple) software are you using?

Once you answer those questions, we can try and help you.

Reaction score
Now I feel like I’ve been interrogated by the Feds. Nevermind...this new update today...11.2.5 fixed it...Apple must have been aware of it. Don’t you use Notes? I wish Apple would now work on their buggy Copy/Paste option.

Reaction score
It's unfortunate that folks come here expecting a "one button" solution, but that is rarely, if ever, the case. And no, I don't use Notes. I use Microsoft Word. But the questions I asked are definitely reasonable and helpful. And someone like me is just trying to help. But I guess my help is not wanted.

Ask a Question