Safari problem - "Safari can’t save the file"

Reaction score
I've been asked to build a website that will be on a DVD. There are various download links to files on the disc, but for some reason the non pdf files aren't downloading in safari. Instead I get this message "Safari can’t save the file “Downloads-1.(null)” to the downloads folder." Every other browser on windows and mac doesn't have a problem.

Can anybody help me please?

Reaction score
It only happens on Safari 5.1. I've tested it on Safari 4 and it downloads ok so its just the latest version that's the problem.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Preferences > Advanced > Show Developer Menu, see if this can shed some light. There are also some Apple Dev lists you could ask on.

I suspect its some security change.

Reaction score
Thanks, I think you're right.

I tried it on another system and it wasn't downloading the file but locating it in a new finder window instead which would be fine, but it's not even doing that on mine.

Reaction score
We have lost so much freedom due to hackers, pees me off. I can also remember not having to lock my car or house, signs of the times.

Ask a Question