Not recognising my log in

Reaction score
Hi, There are 4 profiles on my Mac OX 10 Leopard 10.5.8 but I can't get access to mine. The log-in password is fine but although it looks like I'm about to get in the screen returns to the 4 profiles. The other 3 profiles are working fine. I went in to one of these and changed my password but it didn't make a difference. I have admin rights as well as two of the other profiles. I've unplugged any usbs but it doesn't make any difference. Will my Time Machine restore my entry?
I'd appreciate any help out there.:)

Reaction score
I guess the first obvious guess would be caps lock. Is it on? Generally the Mac OS shows if caps lock is on when you try to enter your user password.

If you have admin privileges, you should be able to reset the other user's password, I believe.

Reaction score
Thanks E but I brought it back to the store and they said it might have been that my hard drive is almost full and corruption happens easier then. Its working ok now.
Thanks again

Ask a Question