No wifi

Reaction score
Lately when computer woke up it connected to the printer instead of the modem. I had to select the network myself. Now it says it is connected to wifi but it says no connection. Have shut down several times with no luck. Other computers in the house work fine.

21.5 Mac Mid 2010.
High Serra 10.13.6

Reaction score
Today tried cable, says connected but nothing happens. Hotspot- says connected but nothing happening, Safari, Chrome Opera & Mail

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Sounds like it is connecting to the wireless/wired networks, but there may be a setting in the Network preference pane that is blocking access to the Internet.

See if you are using DHCP, not using proxies, status of firewall on/off, etc.

Let us know if anything looks out of place,

C

Reaction score
I had a look in here and changed settings to see what would happen, no luck. I am picking up an outside network, not protected but I can't join that either. I have restored from an earlier backup but did not help.

Reaction score
Strange, I have been using Bluetooth & Hotspot, very slow. Came to Computer this morning and saw that there were updates from Apple waiting to be installed. They installed and computer restarted. Bingo, wifi back in action and faster than before!! Alls well that ends well. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Just an update: It happened again , all day no wifi/Hotspot. Tried everything again. Then realised I was using Windscribe VPN when I lost wifi. Deleted Windscribe, restarted computer and Bingo, back to normal. Reinstalled Windscribe and everything Ok so far

Ask a Question