No option for 'displays have separate spaces'

Reaction score
First time here! Or any forum for that matter…

I am new to Mac (with a MacBook Pro) and I have upgraded to Mavericks. Under 'System Preferences' and 'Mission Control' there is supposed to be a checkbox option for "Displays have separate Spaces". However, that option is completely missing and there are only 4 checkbox options available.

Am I missing something blindingly obvious here? I desperately need control over this feature and any help would be greatly appreciated.

-awd-

Reaction score
It's the 5th checkbox entry in the in the Mission Control.

Some features may not be supported if your computer does not have the hardware, what age/model is your MacBook Pro?

Reaction score
Hi,

As Kveman said it is the 5th option as my screen shot. Would be good to see a screen shot of what you are seeing,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-05 at 21.03.36.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-05 at 21.03.36.png
    114.5 KB · Views: 327

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
That's strange...

My MBP 17-inch Mid/Late 2007 is running Mavericks and I can see the same options that oldscribe posted. I am not sure whether age would have anything to do with, as mine is basically the oldest MBP supported under Mavericks.

C

Reaction score
Never mind - all sorted. Even though I had previously upgraded to Mavericks, I checked the OS and it was still 10.8 for some inexplicable reason. Reinstalled Mavericks and the option is now there.

Ask a Question