Help Please with Printing Options

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to print a pdf using Adobe Reader and am very confused about printing options.

Basically, I would like to choose print quality from within whatever application I am using, but that does not seem possible with Adobe reader. For example, I may want to print "Draft" in Word but for PDFs "Best Quality".

When I go to print and try to open the "Page Set up" or "Printer" settings I get this message:"
The Page Setup dialog box is provided by the operating system. To ensure that you can use the full print capabilities of Adobe Reader, please set all print options from the Application print dialog box. Do you want to continue?"

How do I know what print settings are in effect and how do I change them?

Thank you for any help as I am very confused with what I think should be a very easy thing to do.

Vito

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X?
-Which version of Acrobat Reader?

Adobe Reader isn't really needed any longer, since the Preview app in OS X can open and print PDFs very easily. I would try opening the PDF using the Preview app and see if printing is easier.

Let us know,

C

Ask a Question