No destinations to select? Help?

Reaction score
After coming across the gray screen of death~ I decided to reinstall my Mac OS X software and all went well but (here's the problem) it tells me to select a destination when I have nothing to select? What's up with that? Should I go to the tool bar up top or should things be automatically coming up? Any help that you could give me for this (probably) simple mistake on my part.

Thanks for your time.
Mikey.

Reaction score
After coming across the gray screen of death~ I decided to reinstall my Mac OS X software and all went well but (here's the problem) it tells me to select a destination when I have nothing to select? What's up with that? Should I go to the tool bar up top or should things be automatically coming up? Any help that you could give me for this (probably) simple mistake on my part.

Thanks for your time.
Mikey.

Before you reinstall the OS perhaps you should try repairing your disk and permissions first if you haven't already. Of course, you can do this by booting up with your installation disc and running Disk Utility.

Reaction score
Before you reinstall the OS perhaps you should try repairing your disk and permissions first if you haven't already. Of course, you can do this by booting up with your installation disc and running Disk Utility.

Thanks for your advice! Quick question, though. How would I go about actually doing that, haha?

Reaction score
You'll be able to find Disk Utility under "Utilities" when booted up with the installation disk. Because you're going to run Disk Utility from the installation disk, disregard step one on this linked tutorial below. You might want to start out by repairing your disk first and then repairing permissions.
http://kb.iu.edu/data/aoxn.html

Reaction score
Thanks so much I really appreciate all the help!

You're welcome. Bear in mind that repairing discs and permissions isn't a panacea for everything that troubles a Mac but it's certainly a good first step. Let us know how you do. If repairing the disk and permissions doesn't work, I have a few more suggestions and I'm sure that someone else will chime in and offer suggestions as well. We'll take it one step at a time. :)

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Just a thought, but just ensure that your Disc is formatted correctly, that may explain why there's no destination to install ... you can check that using Disc Utility on the Install Disc as Walrus666 stated ;)

Ask a Question