Select all files and create Archive

Reaction score
Workflow: In a main folder called Reports I have subfolders called DAY_001, DAY_002 etc etc. I add reports to each DAY subfolder throughout my working day, at the end I generate a final report, I've already set it up when the final report is generated it moves it into the correct DAY subfolder. I have Automator trigger when the final report arrives to create an archive, but it only archives just the final report without archiving any other of the reports contained within the DAY subfolder. Once the final report moves into the subfolder and triggers automator, how do I get it to archive all files in the subfolder into one zip file? I should note that I create/remove new DAY subfolders all the time so the trick here is, I'm not having Automator watch the subfolders, just the main Report folder.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, this if beyond my experience and capability with AppleScript/Automator. Perhaps the folks over at MacScripter could help out?

C

Ask a Question