new to mac - help please

Reaction score
I recently purchased a macbook secondhand. The computer is a few months old. The problem that I have is that the comp. thinks that I am still the previous owner, this is causing me problems trying to use things like ichat. Can anyone tell me how to change the registered name to my own? Any help at all gratefully received - thanks.
The osx version is 10.5.8, processor is 1.83 GHz Intel and memory is 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi andyfireman :)

Congrats on your MacBook ! Did you get the install disc/s that would have originally shipped with the MacBook?

If so, I'd tend to advise that seeing as how the MacBook is secondhand, you should consider reformatting it and putting on a fresh installation of Leopard.

This way you will have a brand new MacBook so to speak and you can go about customising it to suit your need and when you launch iChat it will treat you as the current registered owner.

Ask a Question