Please help- 2013 MacBook Air emergency

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have had this MacBook Airlate 2013 model since it came out and it has always worked flawlessly. Up until a few weeks ago it started turning off randomly/not sleeping properly.
As anyone who knows what they're doing would do I reset the SMC and this temporarily fixes the issue.

I just backed up and wiped Macintosh HD And changed the name to
NATE2017

While reinstalling OS X Sierra it keeps doing what is pictured then shutting down about halfway thru installation..

What could possibly be going on!??

If you can't see attachment it's here https://imgur.com/gallery/HvQRR

Reaction score
I have a mid 2013 13" MacBook Air, so my model is similar to yours. Not having the problems you are encountering, but when you "wiped the internal drive" (I assume it's an SSD, like in my machine), did you use Disk Utility to both Erase and Format the drive? And did you format the partition as "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)"? That is what I have always done with both of my machines before doing a clean, "virgin" installation of whatever Mac OS. It always works like a charm.

If you still have issues, when you do the Erase, you might want to let it do more than 1 pass.

Additionally, it would be good if you start doing disk cleanup on a daily basis, and disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs periodically.

Last edited:

Ask a Question