New Macbook trying to access data on existing time capsule

Reaction score
Hi there,
Apologize if I don't post this in the right place:(
I just purchased a new macbook. I would like to access documents (mainly photos in iPhoto) off my time capsule. I have both my desktop and my macbook backing up to the time capsule. When I try to import I can see my desktop but it's greyed out.
I would simply like to be able to access and work on photos and documents that I have started on my desktop. Any suggestions on where to start would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!
Tamber

Reaction score
You need to migrate the user account that the photos are stored in onto the new Mac.

Reaction score
Hi,

I would simply like to be able to access and work on photos and documents that I have started on my desktop.

Regarding documents ( pages / numbers etc)I use iCloud for all devices, just go to your desktop and MacBooks system preferences > iCloud and make sure documents are turned on. Makes life simple start document on Macbook then when out and about edit on iPhone/ iPad.

Ask a Question