New Mac (yesterday) Today (broken) HELP! PLZ

Reaction score
Got my brand new MacBook unibody yesterday. Really exited about it, never had a Mac b4. So i dove right in and started moving things around,,, customizing and what-not... and i get to the point where i want to change the appearance colors.. and i can only choose BLUE or GRAPHITE?

So that's bogus i said to myself "we'll have to work our way around that.." and b4 you know it, i have a 4 pound white brick. PLEASE HELP ME! asap

nothing stays open. everything crashes and unexpectedly quits. i cant even re install the Mac OS X. i need a way to force install this thing. First time i use my CD drive.. and its to reinstall Mac OS X. i could really use a hand here, i know i sound like a tool. ahaha

i was playing around with this: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/

Reaction score
Yeah I did, the one for the scroll bar.
I wanted to change the scroll bar and turn it into the iTunes scroll bar. When I restarted the Finder nothing opened anymore.

I'm at work right now and I dont remember what the file was called. I believe it was Extras2. But I'm working off memory.

Reaction score
Yeah I did, the one for the scroll bar.
I wanted to change the scroll bar and turn it into the iTunes scroll bar. When I restarted the Finder nothing opened anymore.

I'm at work right now and I dont remember what the file was called. I believe it was Extras2. But I'm working off memory.

You could also try placing this system file (assuming this is the only file that was deleted) where it belongs and repair permissions.

Attachments

• Extras2.rsrc.zip
    725.2 KB · Views: 255
Reaction score
Well thats no biggie.. but I don't know how..

Nothing opens. When I put the in the CD it opens for me, but I cant click any options. All the "links" are dead.

I restarted the MacBook in safe mode but that kind of made it worse. Now when I put the cd in, it doesn't even pop up.

Reaction score
Well thats no biggie.. but I don't know how..

Nothing opens. When I put the in the CD it opens for me, but I cant click any options. All the "links" are dead.

I restarted the MacBook in safe mode but that kind of made it worse. Now when I put the cd in, it doesn't even pop up.

Try booting up with the installation disc. Place the disc in your drive, and restart holding down the "C" key on your keyboard until you see what appears to be a spinning gear. Choose the option to erase and install and you should be in business.

Reaction score
Now do I need to Erase and Install? or could I possibly keep my music?
I have been downloading since I got my MacBook and seems like a shame to delete it all.

Ask a Question