Name Your Mac (s)

Reaction score
I thought it would be a nice idea for us to share which Mac's we have. The list will be in three parts - Past, present, Future wishlist. I will start off!

PAST:

eMac 1GHz G4 - my very first Mac! Sold beginning of last year for £350 due to upgrade.

iMac G5 1.6 Rev A - My second Mac. I love this Mac, and recently sold it after much interest and offers for £550 (18 month still left on warranty). I really miss it. Sold due to upgrade.

PRESENT

A Mac mini first edition which belongs to my 12 year old daughter. I sold her windows computer that I built 18 months earlier which paid for what the Mac mini cost me - so all good :)

Mac Mini intel dual core 1.67. Now resides downstairs in place of iMac G5. I do like this Mini, infact I love the mini's, but disappointed that some of my programs will not run on it :(

Powerbook G4 1.33Ghz. My favourite! As I spend a lot of time in bed due to disability, this beauty is great to use with a TRAY like this one

FUTURE WISHLIST

Although it will be at least another 2 or 3 years before I consider buying another Mac for upgrade reasons, I really would like another iMac to replace the one I sold. In 2 or 3 years they should be amazing!

Reaction score
Once again, Kyommi has a great idea!

Past:

17" PowerBook G4

Present:

17" MacBook Pro

Future:

I would like to get a Mac Mini for my boat....Yes I want to put a Mac Mini in my boat!!! Not just for media purposes, but I would like to create some marine applications for under water surveillance. Basically, I want to develop software that can do everything from navigation to engine monitoring/maintenance. I would like a Mac Pro fully loaded someday!!!

Reaction score
Thankyou Searay :)

A mac mini in your boat sounds like a great idea for what you want to use it for :)

How did you like your powerbook 17 inch? Did you find the screen/overall size a little cumbersome at all?

I must say I love my Powerbook, and it has not given me one iota of trouble since I got it over 15 months ago.

Saying that, non of the Mac's I have had have given any trouble.....*fingers crossed I haven't spoke too soon* :eek:

Reaction score
I loved my PowerBook. I sold to my mom. I need to get it fixed because it goes to sleep by itself all the time now, but I loved it and still do because it is a Mac!! :) I love my MBP! Great machine! I am currently creating techno loops for myself!!! I am very productive tonight!!! Note sarcasm! ;)

Ask a Question