my tracking pad smashed..... i'm done for! and hello everyone :)

Reaction score
had a party last night and someone dropped a big stereo speaker corner-first onto my tracking pad and smashed it. it is squished in and permanently left clicked, and the top right corner is spider webbed. it looks like bullet proof glass that got shot. i have a wireless mouse, and can use it (after a long process of squishing my computer up to be able to click a little bit and disabling the trackpad) but that is not really the issue. i'm a college student and use my laptop for all my classes, as well as a musician/rapper, and i do not always have a table to use the mouse on. i don't have much money to get the wireless track pad, let alone get a new laptop, but i guess a possibly used track pad could be an option. do you think there is anything that i can do to get it fixed for cheap (or even free!?!), or what would you guys suggest that i do? i'm really lost without my mac, i love it like my mom :'(

crack.jpg

Reaction score
You or the person who broke it doesn't have insurance?

I'd get a quote from an Apple Service Centre near you, to fix it properly. If your Mac is so important to you surely you'd want to keep it in good repair!

Reaction score
I do not have insurance, i don't believe, and the warranty is up at this point - i have the last version of the MacBook that was made before they stopped it's production and put it out as MacBook Pro so it's about 3 years old. if he has insurance, what kind of insurance would it need to be to cover something like this, and how would i/we go about doing that?

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Reaction score
If it was at a job, or they have insurance, you need to give them the quote and they submit it to there insurance company.

Reaction score
If my warranty is up, is there ANY chance that the Apple Store could/would help me? Or is that a lost cause....

Ask a Question