My old iMac G4, is she toast?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Perhaps someone can help. I have (hopefully still do) and older i-Mac 24 (17in). Before leaving for work this morning, I was cleaning up behind the computer. In doing so, I pulled out the power cord while the Mac was still running. I placed the cord back in and left for work thinking nothing of the incident. However, upon returning home and re-booting the Mac, nothing is happening. No juice seems to be getting to the computer, the screen is black, no signs of life. I am hoping that it is a bad power cord, but I am getting a bad vibe that it might be something more serious. I have had this computer since '03' or so and while I could probably use a new Mac, like so many out there, the resources are not there at the moment, so I'd like to keep this running at least until year's end.

Any advice, tips, would be greatly appreciated.

Great forum, glad to be a member.

Thomas

Reaction score
hi
when you pulled the cable you probably disconnect the power to your mac open back of it and see if that's the case if it is you just need to soldier it in again

Reaction score
Nope, that's one of the first things that I checked. Looking closely at my power cord with a magnifying glass and flashlight, there appears to be some damage inside the 3 prong plug (the end that attaches to the computer). Having no luck locating this power cord at any of the nearby Best Buys, Radio Shacks or any one of the 3 local Apple Stores here in Houston, I found one online. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is the problem.

Thanks,

Thomas

Ask a Question