My New Internet does not like Mac's

Reaction score
I have had my New Internet company to my office 4 times since installing their service 2 months ago. It seems their Service does not like Safari and does not do well with Apple Computers . First they took out my Wireless Router and put in theirs, now they have hard wired my iMac, but I still cant open Safari on it and can't get it to download & install any updates. I can open Firefox, but doesn't help with the updates to the system.
Also I have been unable to update my iCloud. I have changed my password, but it will not accept it, I keep getting an error. This started before I lost the use of Safari.
My current Safari is version 12.1.2. and my iMac is using Mojave 10.14.6. Can anyone help?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

A few questions to better help you:
-Which model Mac?
-Did they change any Network settings or add a proxy?
-Not sure why your version of Safari is 12.1.2 - the current is 13.0.3?
-You cannot use System Preferences... > Software Update? That is where you do software updates, not through Safari.

We'll see if we can get things right.

C

Reaction score
both my iMac (late 2012) plus my newer MacBook Pro 2016. with Catalina. I asked them if they changed anything. According to the Tech guy they did not, but I did not have this issue with my last internet company .
the reason I am running on version 12.1.2 is that I can't get my iMac to download & update with their service. I changed my web browser to Firefox (in my general settings) but that has not helped

Ask a Question