SOLVED Internet recovery

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to do Internet recovery and I'm having a problem. I have two step verification on.. I try to sign in to my Apple Id and it wants me to enter a verification code but I don't know how to enter the code. (No box comes up to enter code) Do I enter the code in the password field or what?. I'm lost. So can someone that's done this before tell me how to do it please.

Thanks

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Can you upload a photo of the screen where you are getting stuck?

C

Reaction score
Ok, this is what I'm trying to do as you see in the photo. I'm trying to reinstall Macos. I have no other way to do it at the moment other then using internet recovery. So this what's up.. when I click on reinstall Macos it tells me to signin with my Apple ID and password for the App Store so It can download an reinstall the OS. as soon as I click sign in I'm sent a verification code on my iPhone and I'm suppose use that code to finish signing in but I don't know here to put the verification. I just need to know where to put the code that's all.

image.png

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Understood. I meant a photo of where it asks you to sign in and the verification code on the Mac. Maybe try the right arrow button?

C

Reaction score
I figured it out... the verification code goes along with your password.. you type your password and put the verification code at the end off your password. then sign in. thanks for trying to help though

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Ahhhh...didn't know that.

Glad it's resolved and thanks for sharing the solution.

C

Ask a Question