Internet Recovery, but my antenna is not working

Reaction score
Hi,
My Macbook Pro is just two weeks old, but I managed to spill som water on the keyboard. Suddenly, it could not connect to the wifi... or it could not find it either.
I went to Apple and they took it in. The answer was shocking. The wanted 17k to fix it. I disagreed and took it back, unfixed.

When I turned it on a blicking folder with a questionmark appeared. I tried turn it of an press command+r, but I just got the message: -1005F. Then I tried to turn it of and then turn it on again and just press "option". The I could chose internet....BUT my mac can't find any network so I'm stuck.

Went to the store and bought a USB-C to USB-A adapter, and wanted to share my iphones network, but I could not find it either. Sooo now I'm out of options... please help. I'm considerating changing the antenna myself, but I'm not sure it will (for sure) help.

Pleaseplease help❤️

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry to hear of your issue. Honestly, I would have the repair done, as other components in your Mac will probably continue to fail. I strongly suggest that you do not attempt the repair yourself, as there are no user-servicable parts inside your MacBook Pro, and more damage can easily be done if you do not have the proper training, experience, and tools.

The adapter you purchased will not work for tethered Internet. iPhones can only use/share a Mac's Internet connection via Wi-Fi.

Let us know how it turns out,

C

Ask a Question