Internet Accounts / Profiles issue

Reaction score
Mail v.11.5 (3445.9.1) keeps asking for my password. I enter it but I get "Unable to verify account name or password". The password is correct in Keychain Access. I deleted the account in Mail which apparently also deleted it in >System Preferences>Internet Accounts. This email account has a Bridge application that allows for integration with Apple Mail and has a "Configure Apple Mail" to automatically configure the Apple Mail account. Once I do this I get to "System Preferences/Profiles" but when I try to install this account I get this message: "Profile installation failed. Unable to verify account name or password." Are there any possible solutions? Thank you.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-You are running macOS High Sierra 10.13.x, correct?
-Who is the email provider?
-Can you explain the "Bridge application" a bit further?
-Is this a corporate or educational email account/profile that is being installed?

C

Reaction score
Hello,
-You are running macOS High Sierra 10.13.x, correct?
-Who is the email provider?
-Can you explain the "Bridge application" a bit further?
-Is this a corporate or educational email account/profile that is being installed?
C
Thank you and I'm sorry for the slow reply. I found a solution: it seems that somehow the Bridge application file was corrupt so I deleted it and restored a copy from my Time Machine backup.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

Glad you found a solution, and thank you for letting us know!

C

Ask a Question