Internet Recovery Problem

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

First off the bat, I am complete new to Macs, and still dont know anything about them. My wife bought one last yet June to have a fiddle with cause she's into photography and stuff, but dont know much about them either.

We installed bootcamp so that she could run windows from time to time for games etc.

Now the problem.... I booted up in windows, and wanted to make a bootable USB. Running the program to make it bootable and copy the windows ISO, it said it needed to format the USB. (or what I thought it would be), so obviously I clicked yes... formatted, then windows shut down with a blue screen... And i immediately realized what I've done. Checked boot manager, and yip... I deleted the MacOS partition*derp*

So I've done some research, and I've read about Internet recovery (since we didnt think we'd need a restore disk at that time *douple derp*).
Now, Internet recovery starts up, but just until it ask me to choose a network. I choose my network, fill in the password, DCHP is enabled and I set it to WPA. But nothing happens. After I fill in my password, the globe jsut turns, the little wifi signal to the left of the box lights up, but nothing happens after that. After about 20 mins it comes up with "support.com/apple -1005F" or 2002F.

Has any of you guys have any advice?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

So you have completely removed OS X? Personally I would use the install disks and run a clean install.
Others may give recovery hints, but as I have never boot camped the above would be my route.

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

First off the bat, I am complete new to Macs, and still dont know anything about them. My wife bought one last yet June to have a fiddle with cause she's into photography and stuff, but dont know much about them either.

We installed bootcamp so that she could run windows from time to time for games etc.

Now the problem.... I booted up in windows, and wanted to make a bootable USB. Running the program to make it bootable and copy the windows ISO, it said it needed to format the USB. (or what I thought it would be), so obviously I clicked yes... formatted, then windows shut down with a blue screen... And i immediately realized what I've done. Checked boot manager, and yip... I deleted the MacOS partition*derp*

So I've done some research, and I've read about Internet recovery (since we didnt think we'd need a restore disk at that time *douple derp*).
Now, Internet recovery starts up, but just until it ask me to choose a network. I choose my network, fill in the password, DCHP is enabled and I set it to WPA. But nothing happens. After I fill in my password, the globe jsut turns, the little wifi signal to the left of the box lights up, but nothing happens after that. After about 20 mins it comes up with "support.com/apple -1005F" or 2002F.

Has any of you guys have any advice?

Thank you.
Some explanation of 1005F and 2002F here:
https://g3yjr.wordpress.com/2016/05...lureproblem-disk-cable-fault-and-2002f-1005f/

Ask a Question